Google Search Console SEO Errors. Pls Help

@patunz @Andy_Vaughan

So they added a new CNAME record to make my “www.kimmy.pt” work, then i asked them to create two A records to make “.kimmy.pt” redirect to “www.kimmy.pt” (Those were the instructions on my webflow hosting settings).

But now i get the “issues detected” on those webflow hosting settings page.
They added the CNAME and A records this morning, do i need to wait more to allow changes to take effect, or what?

Cheers, and sorry for bothering.

EDIT: Aaaaand my emails stopped working, i guess they messed something up, will contact them again.

Hello Kimmy
I just did a CNAME lookup for your domain and I didn’t find any CNAME record… maybe it takes time, but usually is more fast. Ask your guy if they are sure they added the cname record…

Because the emails stopped working, they had to revert the record changes. So its back to when i started this thread, “kimmy.pt” is connected, but “www.kimmy.pt” is not.

Now i’m not sure how to proceed from here…

EDIT: I checked “Kimmy Portugal | Produtos” - it says that the url is on google and indexed (but still rejects a new request for indexing), however when i run a live test it says the url is not on google (lol).

However if i check “Kimmy Portugal | Perguntas Frequentes” for example, google says the url is not on google.
I don’t understand how one page is indexed by google, and how the other page isn’t.

The contacts page is also indexed by google for example…

Are you not able to get access to your domain - why is someone else doing it? Makes it a lot easier if you can verify these things for yourself - all we can really do right now is speculate.

Just now I experienced the exact same issues as you, Kimmy.

For me Patunz’s solution worked, which was to set the “www.” as default in Webflow. This can be done under the Hosting tab in ‘project settings’. In your case I suspect that when you fix your CNAME issues, your problem might be solved as well.

I would tell your hosting guys to:

• Remove all CNAME records with the name www.
  • Add one CNAME record with name www and set the value to proxy-ssl.webflow.com.
    (please note that this URL ends with a dot —> .com. )

I fail to see how this would mess with your e-mail, unless there is some very exotic mail-server setup.

Hello, and good morning :smiley:

Initially, what they told me was that changing the CNAME record would mess up the emails and that what should be done is adding an A record with the IP to make it point to the new website hosting. Now, because i am sort of a noob at this, i had to take their word for it, but when i started noticing issues connecting google stuff to the domain, i tried to solve them, and when i wasn’t able to solve anything, i created this thread.

Then, at the end of last week, i contacted them again and asked them to create a new CNAME record, and to not change the existing one, but i also told them that my priority was to not mess up the emails, which they did, as soon as they added the new CNAME record, and when i noticed that, i asked them to rollback the changes because no emails were getting through to us.

I will most likely dig through the chain of command and get the login info so that i can see things for myself because i’m getting quite tired of their inefficiency, to be honest.

Cheers.

Sounds like a good idea to take charge yourself. If you remove ONLY the CNAME record with the name “www” should not have any impact on your e-mail, as far as I can tell.

It could be very helpful with a screenshot of your DNS settings.

Cheers,

URL inspection on the sitemap URL can be tried ( it should display that not INDEXED as it is not a page) but the live test can be used, only to check that Google bot can fetch it or not.

I’m sorry, i don’t really understand what you’re saying :frowning:

I had the same issue and it worked when I set none of them as default.

Hey! I’ve been trying to debug this for two days and it drove me crazy. Moved from Wordpress and SEO tanked.

So the fix for me was. Make non default www. and non www. and add canonical version either with www. or with out www. under SEO setting. Otherwise you’ll have duplicate content issue. And now you can submit the sitemap easily with or without www.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

It is strange to see such errors in the google console. I’ve never seen that before.