Google Speed Update July 2018

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can please help me. Ive been reading about the “Google Speed Update” that will be going live this month, which will “diminish” site rankings for slow mobile speed.

Can someone please help me in figuring out why my mobile speed is “unavailable” and why the optimization score is so low? The only two things that it is suggesting for me to do, apparently is not possible with webflow sites from what I have read in the forums… (Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content, AND Leverage browser caching)

I have provided a screenshot… any idea what I can do?!

Hi @anthonymas90, I took a look at the site, however it seems that only the www domain has been added to the custom domains, the root domain nickfelicioneinc.com has not been addd yet, so that is one thing to check.

We just recently created a new video update on how to setup the custom domain hosting, check it out here: Connecting a custom domain — Webflow tutorial - YouTube

Could you add the domain, then set the www domain as the default by clicking on the home icon on the WWW domain and republish the site?

Let me know when done and I can help to check again.

Thank you so much for the help! I have added the domain. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do

Hi @anthonymas90, at the moment it is not possible to remove the scripts above the fold or change browser cache settings, however I did notice that when the custom code Uploadcare script you are using on the site is removed, the result goes from 26% faster than all sites to 71%:

The performance grade is the PageSpeed score as reported by Pingdom.