Gradient color issue

I have several bugs in my design for a project I’m trying to complete. I didn’t want to create several tickets, so I thought I’d list them all here in one post. Some of them are quite funny, so I will try and explain them as best I can.

I cannot use this site with these bugs, so I will have to recreate everything in a new project for now, as I’m under a deadline.

Preview link for the site:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/taggstar3?preview=5933ec79a57ef8a707dec5d540d3bf5c

1) I cannot change the colours used for gradient overlays

I have a gradient overlay applied to some cards at the end of the homepage. I have added a black gradient that I want to end in transparency, but I cannot edit the second colour used. If I change this colour, the overlay is immediately changed to a solid colour.

Hopefully, that’s enough information

Could you please send us your browser information by using this website https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

I can but the errors happen on all browsers even in private browsing or guest mode on Chrome:

Safari 10.1 on Mac OS X 10

Or

Chrome 60 on Mac OS X 10

Hey @irishbuckley,

Thanks for bringing those up! I’ve added those to our bug tracker and will make sure we will take care of those at earliest possible window. I’ll surely get back to you when we have this one fixed :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the reply and great to see this picked up. I tried creating a new site and I’ve run into these errors again, but I’m under a big deadline so I’m going to have to persevere!

Can you confirm you’re able to replicate those errors in my review link? Just checking I fully explained the issues

Thanks!

I was able to replicate those errors on new website, so that’s definitely a bug we’re going to fix :slight_smile:

Can you - for now - try using combo classes or duplicated classes? I’m sorry it came up right before your deadline and I hope you can work around it to deliver on time! :tada:

Hey Bart - great! I can work around for now for sure. Deadline is Wednesday so I’ll be working away until then.

Glad you can replicate - let me know how the fix goes.

Updated the original post with another error.

Is this an issue with folders and building of sites? It seems very specific to me, as not many other users have commented.

I would need a resolution for this as I have a site going live on the 12th October and I’m finding more errors that are either making normal functionality hard to handle or breaking functionality I require to finish the site.

Unsure what the root cause of this could be - new canvas perhaps?

Hi @irishbuckley

For issue #2 you posted about — the gradient will only change to a solid color if all gradient stops are the same color. As a workaround, if you need to make a gradient go from something like black → black with 50% opacity, you can set the opacity stop first to avoid the issue.

For question #3—this is a known issue our team is currently working to resolve. @bart or myself will post on here with an update when we have more information on it.

Thanks for your patience with these!

For issue #2 you posted about the gradient will only change to a solid color if all gradient stops are the same color. If you need to make a gradient go from something like black → black with 50% opacity, you can set the opacity stop first to avoid the issue.

This is what I’ve been doing as a workaround but this wasn’t the functionality I was used to, or that was common in Webflow for me.

If I select one colour to be black and then change the second colour to black, Webflow would previously allow me to then change the transparency of this colour.

If this has been changed deliberately, I would suggest you revert this behaviour back to what it was. Colours of transparency matter especially with Safari.

(0, 0, 0, 0.0) != (255, 255, 255, 0.0)!!!

@irishbuckley

Apologies for my lack of clarification here. This is definitely not expected behavior with gradients— we are definitely still investigating issue #2. The information above is a workaround you can use rather than a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

Edited original to remove background image issue as this has been fixed.

Issues 1 & 2 still happening.

Is there an update on the comb/global class issue?

I think this may have been fixed as I seem to be able to add global classes as combo classes now.

Issue two is still happening regularly for me.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble with anchor links and side navbar

@irishbuckley this is a quirk when working with side navbars and anchor links. You can nest the entire navbar in a section to resolve the issue (this won’t change your design).

And yes our team has pushed a fix for Issue #1 you reported above and global classes are working as expected now. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.