Grid: columns extending beyond device in mobile view, can't delete a column in mobile layout

I’m unable to delete a column on my Google Cloud page for the mobile layout (portrait and landscape).

Each of my grid sections are set to Auto, and there appears to be no child elements that overlap columns.

Additionally, my columns aren’t even re-sizing to fit the width of the device I’m designing to. As of now, the section that I’m working with is going off of the page entirely.

I’ve seen other people solve this issue with Auto fit, but I’m unable to implement that either. I’ve also seen people manually reassign their content to additional rows they’ve added, but my columns are spanning more than 100% of the device.

Please help! Thank you!

here is a read only link for my site. I’m referring to the page titled “Google Cloud” in the Work folder. The sections are titled assigned the selector cs_section. Webflow - Katie Kaplan: UX Design

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Try to delete your Grid-Areas :wink:

I’m looking for a way to delete grid areas. Not finding anything ;/

This should help you :wink:
*Sorry for the late response.

1 Like

After taking another look at the settings, I see there where you’ve highlighted it’s greyed out. I didn’t notice this before but there is a tooltip on the trash can that reads “Areas can’t be modified on combo-classes or tag selectors”

So I deleted the combo class and was able to delete the area. So it seems, in the event, I use someone’s premade grid again and have this same problem if I backtrack a bit by deleting the combo class, deleting the area, and replacing the combo class, that’s it.

I was pretty confused about why it was greyed out since I hadn’t hovered to see that tooltip.

1 Like

If you have a Combo-Class this should work:

1 Like

Huh, did not know that was even a thing I could do. Adjusting my base class without deleting and replacing the combo class…you just saved us all some sticky notes.

1 Like

Haha nice :wink:

There is always something new…