Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Grid Issue on Mac(Safari) Windows(Chrome, Firefox)

Hey there,

I’m having an issue with Grid in Webflow. I do know that there already are topics about that but I couldn’t find one that fixed my problem.

About the issue:
If you take a look at the website you’ll see, that the links in the navbar get split up into 2 lines. That issue only happens on Mac in Safari and on Windows in Chrome and Firefox. Funny thing is that if you reload the page, the navlinks are not split up into 2 lines anymore. So it behaves correctly after reloading but not on first load.

I couldn’t find a solution and I would be more than happy if anyone can help me with this.

Thank you
Cheers
Michael

Here is my site link: http://dharmasangha.webflow.io/

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dharmasangha?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=dharmasangha&preview=a91d05b9ba856781e00e8181389878ea&mode=preview

You have fixed widths on nav anchors which is causing the text to wrap as the viewport scales. At least that is what I am seeing. Is that what you are saying the issue is? Share a screenshot or video of your problem for better feedback as it is more Zen like.

Hey,

thank you very much for reaching out. I don’t really get where you think I’m having a fixed with.
My Problem ist about the nav-links and that the text don’t stay in a single line. After reloading they do. Screenshots follow:

1. Before reloading the page

2. After realoading the page

Have a great one
    Michael

I’m having a similar issue if someone could help.

My cms grid is split into two columns and works just fine on Chrome and Firefox however, Safari seems to be acting up. Here’s a couple screen shots of what im experiencing.

As you can see in the chrome browser the two item blocks align side by side however in safari it pushes the block down.

Hello!

Brandon here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

I will be happy to help you with your question regarding CMS and grid in Safari.

Please add a share link of this project so we are able to diagnose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

~ Happy Designing ~
Brandon

Hello!

it’s been quit some time but my problem is still not solved. If anyone out there knows a way to help me I’d appreciate it a lot.

About the Problem:
As mentioned above my problem is, that the link-text in the navbar spreads into two lines. After reloading the page, the problem is gone. After going a bit deeper into the code I realized that webflow sets a fixed pixel with on the navlink. When the page is loaded for the first time that fixed width is smaller than when loading the page for the second time. I don’t get why webflow even adds a fixed pixel width to the navlinks?
Did anyone had similar problems? Can anyone help?

Thank you
Have a great one
Michael