Grid Options for different devices - help please, driving me crazy now!

Hi.

Anyone out there can explain the “Grid Options” please?
I’m sure I’m doing something wrong but simply can’t find the right combination. I’ve looked for videos, searched the forum with no success.

The Problem …

My Grid Option has been set for desktop, at 4/8 Row. But when I go to tablet view 4/8 is too narrow, so I try to change to 5/7 - BUT this effects my desktop view when I go back.

I see there is a custom cog and tried to use it but still I can’t get the rows to act individually. And can’t find any info on how this works. What on earth am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
H

Yes. EVERYTHING you change out of the Style tab affects everything, (unless it’s specific to devices)

So the columns layout is for all devices. After that you can decide for the columns to be displayed one on top of each other, or use the gear icon that magically fixes things sometimes.

If you nee better control that what this offers, then don’t use a ROW element, use DIVs and set their dimensions for every device. ROW is only a helper in order to not have to set those layout manually every time.

Flexbox also offers great contol.

Thanks Vincent. Yep thats what I’m getting at the moment that it changes eveything and I use the tabs for specific devices, but you’ve hit the nail on the head there when you said

“or use the gear icon that magically fixes things sometimes”

It’s the gear icon I thought was supposed to help change column widths of tablets and phones - but I can’t get it to work :confused:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.