Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Grids are not responsive

I find the grid system in webflow so incredibly finicky and hard to use.

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong here. I have a grid that I’d like to simple put into 1 column on mobile. When I delete one of the rows the content still stays in the same space. I find spanning grids never works it makes me want to throw my computer out the window and go live in the woods off grid sometimes lol. Who needs these websites anyways.

I just find the tutorials are so horrible. They care more about making jokes then actually showing you and teaching you the concepts. I find programming grids from scratch easier than this bs.

I’m guessing it has something to do with auto flow vs manual… i have never in my life seen a use for auto flow. Having no control over where your content goes is just not a good idea EVER. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this

Hi, @launchpadcreative — sorry to hear about your frustration here. Most of the implementation is based on the official CSS Grid spec, so there are definitely some finicky things about using it — I’ll be the first to agree there!

So that we can help you more directly, can you share the specific problems you’re having in the context of a project? What you’re describing sounds like Auto might solve the 1-column view on mobile, but without a share link or a video walkthrough, we’d be guessing while trying to help.