Hack to make Dropbox sidebar closed via link?

I have a PDF that’s larger than 10MB, so I can’t host it on Webflow.com. Plus, the PDF viewer on Dropbox isn’t too shabby. HOWEVER, it always defaults to the near-useless sidebar to be open, which is 90% empty and makes the PDF super small to the left.

Anyone know if there is a any kind of way to use the URL to force the code to make it default to closed when the URL is loaded? I see there’s some kind of React message that defines this:

class="react-file-viewer__sidebar react-file-viewer__sidebar--closed"

Anyway to force this to be “true” via some secret message in the URL? Yeah, I don’t know at all what I’m talking about, but just curious. I hate that sidebar.

Even more odd, it seems like the page itself defaults to loading with the sidebar closed, and then when the page is finished loading it tells the sidebar to open. Why o why? I even have comments disabled so there’s practically no reason to have a sidebar open by default.

Any one know some way around this?

Hope you get a response too. I need a function like that too. DropBox is not motivated to removed the right side bar, because they display ads and tutorial there, and nag you so you subscribe to its pro version. It used to that you can include tag like raw=-1 to skip all DropBox interface which now longer works.

1 Like

Actually, please vote here: Allow a way to hide the sidebar when sharing a lin... - Dropbox Community

Believe it or not, Dropbox zeroed out the votes. They claim a bug, but didn’t happen on other posts. Yeahhh…

I’m still considering moving to Google Drive, but I have lots of docs linking to cloud docs already. Will be a PITA.