Hamburger on desktop

When I want the hamburger menu menu to appear on the desktop, the desktop menu disappears. How do I stop that from happening?

Isnā€™t it what youā€™d expect it to do?

If you want a normal menu plus a hamburger icon giving you access to the rest of the menu, put a dropdown menu item at the end of the menu and put a hamburger icon close to the item text. make the icon only visible for desktop and the text (Moreā€¦) only appear for the devices.

Ah brilliant, thanks. I find the whole navbar thing on Webflow a nightmareā€¦

Really? I find itā€™s kind of working very wellā€¦ I use it as less as possible though, I am strongly against using a hamburger menu, wether itā€™s on desktop or on mobile. I try to propose more straight forward experiences.

1 Like

I find it all seems to happen like magic, but I canā€™t actually control it terribly well. Do you happen to know any videos showing creating a handmade nav bar by any chance?
(PS I know what you mean about the hamburger.)

Hmm, drop a section, give it the HTML5 ā€œNavā€ tag in the settings tab, drop a container inside it, a div that you call Navbar that you make flot right, a link block that you call brand that you let aligned left, and now you can put links into the Navbar divā€¦ Thatā€™s a 100% legit navbar here. Sorry itā€™s not a video :smiley:

Then you rework it for every breakpoint. You can even align it fixed to bottom for phones, hide the text of the link, show icons instead and make a nice app-like toolbarā€¦ everything is possible. Just donā€™t forget to give it the HTML5 tag ā€œNavā€.

2 Likes

@Hywel I agree with @vincent, the navbar is really flexible and powerful. Creating one of your own via divs is super easy as well ā€“ once you get the hang of it. Itā€™s worth spending some time testing and mastering.

Did you see the demo kit? https://preview.webflow.com/preview/demokit?preview=28e8f61ae432f6c36f101e57078c18b6

1 Like

Much appreciated both, I never knew the relevance of the section ā€˜namingā€™, I look forward to giving it a go tomorrow. Thanks muchly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.