Hamurger Menu Color when Open

Hey there, my Hamburger menu color is changing color when the Nav Menu is open, however I cannot find where to change this color to match my other design colors. I have tried looking at other Forum posts, and thought I would be able to access the Menu Button settings when the Menu is open, but I cannot find that ‘state’ setting.

Here is an example of the Menu button as the wrong color (I want it red)
Screenshot_013018_030026_PM

How do I change this Hamburger Menu color when the menu is open?

[Here is my read-only website] - link removed
Thanks!

Go to Tablet device view.
Click navbar layer
The icon is under the Menu Button layer.
Click the icon and go to States (in the Styles panel).
Choose Focused for the active color, choose Hover for hover color, don’t choose pressed that’s for when it has been pressed.

1 Like

Hey top_shelf,

To add on to gary if you don’t want to do this over and over for every page I would suggest making your navbar into a symbol. This will make your life so much easier.

If you need any help with the making it into a symbol after visiting the webflow university page feel free to contact me.

Sean

1 Like

That is exactly what I was going to suggest.

But I tried it before I posted.

It doesn’t work like that. It SHOULD. But it doesn’t.

1 Like

Big thanks Gary. I haven’t been able to get it to stay the correct color when open, but at least it is not showing that blue color anymore - will try playing around with it more.

I had seen another post that showed an ‘Open’ state with a lightning bolt beside it, but I cannot find that one (I’m a newb, so still figuring everything out)

Also, thanks for the tip Sean!

Okay, no problem. If you can’t get it as desired, post your read-only link and I’ll take a look for ya.

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.