Header Background Image

I am using Slate as my template & want to create multiple pages, however I would like to have the header background image to be different on each page. When I change the image now, it changes it on every page. Is there a template that allows that or a setting that I can change to allow this option?

Thanks!

I think you need to go to the symbols panel and detach the header as a symbol, that way you can change the header on each page.

Hi @Mordi_Levi and @Billi_Hughes, the solution when using a symbol, and you want to use a symbol but have a different background, is to create a new symbol for the new pages.

If you are not using a symbol, and the default Slate template does not use a symbol, is to duplicate the page, and then change the class for the Hero section, by adding a new class to the Hero Section, and then changing the background, as pictured in the screenshot below. Any elements which share the same class selector, will also share the same css properties site wide. So the solution is just to give your additional hero sections on different pages, an additional class (or different class) and update your background images accordingly.

I hope this helps, Cheers!

Thank you for your help, I was able to get it to work.

1 Like