Help! Filtering and sorting

Hey everybody :slight_smile:

I followed all the steps on this link: How to add dynamic filtering and sorting to your Webflow websites | Webflow Blog
to make some filtering buttons. It works perfect, but somehow my elements are flying in different directions, and I wonder what I did wrong?

The elements “fly up” when you filter them…

Is there anyone that know what I can do, that the move will look like in the link I followed?

Thank you very much and have a nice day!
Best,
Michelle

Hello :slight_smile: I tried following that link once and couldn’t figure it out. I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you.

But, if you don’t manage to come right, I found this link when I was struggling → Customize CMS item filtering parameters with Webflow CMS text fields and you can follow along with the tutorial on Youtube → #5 - Customize CMS item filtering parameters with Isotope and Webflow CMS text fields - YouTube

They have actually just come out with a newer version → https://webflow.com/website/How-to-Fin-sweet-CMS-Library

Thank you very much @Nicole_Klaver ! :slight_smile:
I will take a look at the newer version - but it seems like both of them are with a collection list, and mine is without? I can not make a collection list because my project have different pages and I need to link to them - If I make it all in a collection list I can not link to separate pages.

Thanks again!

You will be able to link through to the separate pages. Collection pages work like templates – the layout and design applies to all automatically generated item pages. They’re essentially templates for recurring pieces of content, such as blog posts. So it will work well if your pages have a similar layout :slight_smile: See this link on more about the Collection pages → Collection pages | Webflow University

I also recommend this video for when you’re looking to have multiple layout styles within the same collection → Creating multiple layouts for Webflow collection template pages - YouTube :slight_smile:

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

I think it works now! I found a solution with the different pages - I could not use the collection list template because my pages has very different layout, but I made a link inside the collection list instead and now it works fine…

Im so thankfull for you help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.