Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Help Newbie Here have a design/publish issue

Hi All. so i have everything setup right in designer but when i publish some elements are all over the place. can anyone give me some insight on how to fix this? Thanks :slight_smile:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ucea-2020?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=ucea-2020&preview=4f5b0b4135bd9d493998f7c12de7b7ed&mode=preview

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi David,

Which page(s) are you having the problem on?

-Jeff

The ones named graduate session and on demand video pages. Here is the actual site and you can see what I mean.

www.ucea2020.org

just click through and you will see what I mean.

Thanks!

Hi David,

It looks like you’re using a static layout and I think given the number of elements you have on some of the pages, and the way you’re trying to lay them out, a grid layout might work better for you.

If you haven’t watched it yet, I’d recommend watching the course below (6 videos, 27 min total) and I think it will give you a better idea on how you can work to address this problem.

You can find the course here:

Let me know if that helps and if you still don’t feel that does the trick, let me know and I’ll see if I can give some more specific advice.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff. went to grid and that seemed to mess me up even more. lol since i do neet to scale for all platforms i understand the grid idea is super important. here is a current project i am working on. i have a grid and div blocks going on. basically i want to use this image for the background and just build on top of it. possible? as you can see when you publish the button moves and the image is too big for the page. i have also had a problem seeing the entire page in my workspace. so when i publish there is lots of free space to the right which i cant see in my workspace. any help you can give would be much appreciated here.
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/aae-2020?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=aae-2020&preview=a7c98a611e5b80b1720a9d18004f9b30&mode=preview