Help with an E-commerce proposal

Hey all!

I’m working on a proposal for an e-commerce website for a client. They want to sell printed products where the user would upload custom art, select the size and quantity, and finalize the order. Similar to Sticker Mule, sticker robot, or PSPrint.

I wanted to explore doing this through Webflow because it would be significantly cheaper for the client as opposed to doing a custom Shopify site or a 100% custom site. However, this would be my first time using the e-commerce platform. How feasible would it be to do the following:

• Upload custom art as a part of the checkout process. This needs to be required before completing the order.
  • Use bulk pricing. There will be a few standard prices for pre-determined amounts, but the user needs to be able to enter a custom quantity and have the price calculated. Plus, there needs to be an ascending scale of discount. In other words, it’s not as simple as just charging the quantity by a single price-per-item. The price per item needs to be reduced the more items the user orders and have a minimum price-per-item.
  • The client needs to email a digital proof to the user before printing. Is it possible to ask for the users email and make it required in order to complete a checkout? They also need the address too. Same question for it?

Some items that I know aren’t possible through Webflow

• The client wants the user to be able to log in and see their orders. This would make it really easy to re-order a previous order. I know this is in the works, but any ideas on timeframe? Are we talking years or months away? I think I can propose this solution if I know user profiles can be added to the project in the near future.
  • The client thought it would streamline the process for the website to verify the custom art file is print-ready. So, it would ensure the file is the correct size and verify it’s in a CMYK color space. I think we can forego this step considering how much cheaper this options would be. But, if I’m wrong and it would be easy to do this with a little custom code, I’d appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Any insights from Webflow would be greatly appreciated! CC @PixelGeek

Thanks all.
Jose

Hey @PixelGeek ! Just wanted to check in and see if you had a chance to read this? Thanks!

Hi @jocando.
Josh from Foxy here. I was waiting on someone from Webflow to respond before commenting, but for what it’s worth, Foxy can help with what you’re after. Maybe we can hop on a call sometime? Feel free to message me. More info about our seamless integration with Webflow can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like