Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Help with Custom Google Map

Continuing the discussion from Using Custom Google Map with Color Styles from Snazzy Maps:

Hi @Hang_Ng, Could you please share your site's read-only link so we can take a closer look? More info on read-only links here: http://help.webflow.com/sharing-your-public-webflow-site-link.

We do not support custom code from the support desk, but I can take a quick look to see if I see any major error, I appreciate your patience smile Cheers, Dave

@cyberdave @Hang_Ng I believe this error can be resolved by replacing & with &. Please try this and let me know if it helps or not.

@shyam 's advice worked for me (change & to &amp)

but now I'm getting a
"...cannot display a Google Maps element.. provide Google API key is invalid for this site..."

I tried with Google Maps embedded filtering on a specific domain name... and a specific IP.

Both failed.

Have also looked at Google Maps Javascript API v3.... this also produces the same error.

It works on my local server - but when i push it out to a production server... the error message is display.

The api keys are tied in to the production server.

In working this issue... I realized I've been using an old (I guess out-if-date ?) method... that still works ?
--- using a canvas map

@Revolution Try replacing your <script> tag content as following:

<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=2&amp;hl=en&amp;key=MY_API_KEY&amp;sensor=true"
    type="text/javascript"></script>

Pay attention to the use of semicolon (;) in the sample <script> tag content above.

Let me know if this helps.

that's a version 2 call... yes ?

I was using a v3 script that @cyberdave had posted in a different thread.

Using the v2 script... I don't get an error message... but I also don't see the map.

Using the v3 script... I can see the map displayed (perfectly) for a couple seconds
- then it disappears and the error message is displayed.

There's got to be a setting issue on google... though i've setup to different tests (both failed)...
specifically domain based - and ip based.

I know what I server I am on - and I know the ip... so it's strange this is failing.

@Revolution Can you tell me your specific usage i.e., what are you trying to achieve? I might be able to try it myself and will be in a better position to help you.

basically multiple pins on a google map. no need to auth2
-- with snazzy maps.

Alright @Revolution, I will try it myself and get back to you.

strange... everything seems to work now.

No changes.

As I'd mentioned earlier... the webpage I created worked on my local development server
- but when I pushed it out to a production server... it didn't work.

Now... it works on the production server.

I wonder if there's a propagation period for updates you make to your google account.