Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Help with drop cap

I was able to create a drop cap following @PixelGeek's tips from this topic: http://forum.webflow.com/t/how-to-add-a-drop-cap/15866

I'd like to have something like this instead:

How can I achieve this in webflow?
I tried to build a paragraph with a drop cap wrapped with span but it didn't work that well, as the text didn't wrap around the drop cap...

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks!

Here is my public share link: LINK

Here's one way with a span. Not sure if it's the best way. Example first, then settings after. And of course, set your text with whatever height is needed. Hope this helps.

Thanks @ctotty! Worked like a charm :smiley:
The text wasn't wrapping because my bottom margin was too small... :grin:

Hi,

Do you think if it is possible to do it in a blog article with the Webflow CMS ?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Antoine

Well, there is a way, but it's a pretty bad hack that you probably wouldn't want to use.

You can highlight the one letter you'd like to make into drop cap, and assign it as a bold or italic. These are the only single-character options you have in CMS.

In a style sheet, you can make that bold or italic assignation to be your drop cap. Unfortunately, you can't then use bold or italic for anything else.

So, the answer is yes you can do it, but it's probably not something you want to do. Maybe they will allow a span option at some point in the future, which would be really nice.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the question :relieved:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.