Help with Webflow SSL via GoDaddy

Hey there - I hate to post redundant topics, but I am having trouble establishing SSL with GoDaddy. I’ve read connecting a custom domain by Webflow and am still struggling. Also, the solution provided in this similar question is too vague to be considered a solution.

Here’s my list of Records on GoDaddy:

and here’s the current state of my domains on the Webflow side:

Do I need to remove certain records from this list (webflow’s help pages told me to create/add some records, but did not say to remove or replace others - unless I missed that)? Are some of my records incorrect? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Christopher

Hello @ctrav

Delete the first 2 @ records and the first CNAME one and you should be good to go.

I will give this a shot. Thank you.

@aaronocampo Unfortunately removing those broke access to the site. Any other ideas?

I thought you didn’t have access to the site.

The situation is the site does load with the records in the above screenshots, but does not load as showing ”Secure” by Google.

I need to figure out how to get the site to be viewed as secure.

@webflow can you jump here?

@ctrav in your hosting tab there’s a chat button that you can use to contact Webflow’s Support team, they should be able to help you with this.

Sounds good, I’ll reach out to them.

Hi @ctrav I looked at your records:

They still have the old records.

Please remove the A-Records:

And change your CNAME to proxy-ssl.webflow.com

​Try these steps and let me know if you’re successful. I’ll be standing by for your response.

Cheers

All set - thank you both! I needed a www CNAME record pointing at proxy.webflow.com (not www.writkit.com pointing there) for it to work.

Thanks again,
Christopher