Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Highlight Navigation Link for Current Section

I’m trying to get nav buttons to highlight with a specific color when I’m on a subpage. I’ve used this tutorial (Persistent navigation link highlighting for current section) to help figure it out. After I publish and launch the site from Webflow, the nav is highlighted in the appropriate color, but when I navigate to another page on the site, the functionality no longer works. Any help?

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/ece-toolkit?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=ece-toolkit&preview=11ed0d78e613abdb3367241f0fcc6b92&pageId=5d6c3b1885adc97a92102024&mode=preview

Hello @madewithrelish,

Great job getting your custom made collection list navbar. Did you add the custom code you got from the tutorial on your dashboard custom-code-section? Because your navbar interaction is working correctly when the preview mode is on, so it works, but it stops when it goes to a different page, and that makes me think that the customs code you are using on each page is only working once. Now I saw the custom code in almost all your pages, I didn’t see it on your home page though, but I think if you go to your project settings custom code area and place the custom code there it will work for all your pages continuously. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your response @Pablo_Cortes. I tried adding the custom code in the project settings, but with the code applied to all pages, when I launch the page from Webflow, all of the nav items are highlighted instead of the section-specific nav item. And, alas, it still only works once.

I’ll keep trying to figure it out, but if have other thoughts, please share!

I see @madewithrelish, I will keep trying to find a solution, and please share it if you find it. Maybe the great @webdev can find a solution?