Watching @webflowapp workshop offline, with @thepixelgeek and @bryantchou abt API.
- Proof Of Concept demo: use an API key and Zapier to add an item into a CMS collection from a form on a Webflow site
- items created in the CMS are created in a stage mode and require the site to be published manually to go live
- CMS API is a REST API
- http://developers.webflow.com just launched, provides details about the API
- we'll soon going to see the API Access section in the General tab of sites' dashboards. There you'll be able to generate API Keys (for developers)
- how to get a site's ID?
- with the API, a call will return all sites working with the current token
- look in the code of the site, in the HTML element custom fields: data-wf-site="ID"
- in the future we will be able to modify the structure of the collections with the API
As a conclusion, "lots of doors are being opened", it's limited for the moment, API developers try to measure the implications of opening a certain range of features.
Extra info: CMS importer from CSV is in final stage of development (like mass import WP DB in Webflow CMS, within the designer). You won't need to develop with the API to use this
API starting next week, you need to signup on the beta here:
- Zapier is free for 2 steps interactions (like IFTTT interactions). Pricing is here https://zapier.com/pricing/