Horizontal Scroll When Published

Hi Webflow Community,

After playing with the CMS and editor for a couple of months, I’m planning to move all my Wordpress projects to Webflow now.

This week I have published my first project page, and I’m super pleased with the result. However, in the desktop view, I get a horizontal scroll bar when I publish the site. The scroll bar is not showing up in preview mode though.

I could find similar questions in the forum, but the suggestions didn’t solve my problem:

I guess the fix is very straight forward, but after three hours of trying to solve this issue, I can’t see the forest for the trees. Can you please look into my read-only file and tell me what I did wrong? Thank you in advance for your help!! :blush:

Cheers,
Baruch

Hey Baruch, welcome to the forum !!
Really beautiful website. I love it!

No Horizontal scroll in my end.
Did you check the website on other browsers / computers? (maybe it is a local problem)

With google chrome on pc I can see the scroll

I would change the width of all the sections to 100% instead of the 100VW you have now.

Hey Aviv,

Thank you for your feedback! :relaxed:

Yes, I checked the site on Chrome and Safari with different screen size resolutions and I always have a horizontal scroll.

Ok thanks, let me check and report back. :+1:

WOW, Aviv you made my day!! Thank you sooo much for your quick help!!! :relaxed:

I confirm, changing the width of all sections to 100% instead 100vw has solved the horizontal scroll issue!!

Have a blessed weekend y’all!
Baruch

1 Like

Happy I could help.
I have stumbled upon this issue before, and was wondering myself what might be the explanation for this. Maybe someone from the Webflow team can help? @huwyca @Brando @Andrew