Hosting in orther place

I would like to know if I can create a website within the webflow, export the code and host it in another location, such as GoDaddy.

And when I create my account, do I start paying a monthly fee or only after I finish creating the site?

Welcome to the community @Karina_Gelt!

As long as you have a paid Account Plan you’re able to export your project to host elsewhere, but you can always start building the site on the free tier (limited to 2 static pages and 50 CMS items) and upgrade only when you need more features or you’re ready to publish.

Keep in mind that if you’re expecting to use Webflow’s CMS or Ecommerce you’ll need to host the project on Webflow’s own hosting as this functionality is not available on exported projects.

Thanks for the explanation.

What plan do I contract to develop a website with multiple pages and to host the website outside of the webflow?

The Lite Account plan would be perfect for sites up to 100 static pages and it will allow you to have up to 10 active unhosted sites in your dashboard in the event you’d like to use Webflow for future projects.

If you end up wanting to use a free template to start, you can actually get around the 2 static page limit and develop the site completely on the free tier as your new project will contain all the pages within that given theme. Once you’ve got everything the way you’d like, just start paying for your Lite Account plan and you’ll unlock the ability to export the project.

1 Like

So I create a free website with 2 pages, then pay for the plan and create the other pages?

And does hosting on another server normally work with all site functionality?

So I create a free website with 2 pages, then pay for the plan and create the other pages?

Yep, unless you’re planning on starting with a template, in which case you can actually get around the 2 page limit on the free tier as you’ll have access to all the pages included within that template. Keep in mind that if you plan on adding any new pages, it will require a paid Account plan.

And does hosting on another server normally work with all site functionality?

Everything should function as normal outside of CMS, Ecommerce, and Site Search. Forms processing is also tied to Webflow’s hosting when using the default form action, however you can modify this as needed before exporting or implement a third party option instead:

Thanks a lot mikeyevin!

1 Like