Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Hover Color Values from CMS Collections using Color Field Inputs

If we spend time setting up a website to use color values from CMS collections it would be nice to have the same option for Hover States. Doesn’t make sense why this does’t exist yet. I want to set up my sites to be as easy to use as possible and if I can only use this option for the initial color value on buttons lets say it makes my site look pretty static. But to be able to pull an Accent color lets say as the hover background color for a button as just one example would be so useful.

I hope you guys feel the same and vote this up :grin::webflow_heart:

Vote this idea up HERE!

This should be possible with a bit of custom code.

@samliew Yeah, I have found an easy work-around. I usually create a collection dedicated to “Branding & Social Accounts”. This includes all their Social Links with Toggles to show or hide them, as well as a Logo Image field and Brand Color Fields. So I will add a collection at the bottom of the page and add an Embed Code element and write the CSS for hover states for any classes I need to and link the value for each with the CMS value. So yeah it works fine this way. I’m just saying this would be nice to have natively so I don’t have to add this to every page.