How can I make my portfolio open up each project on it's own page?

I want my portfolio to be ‘clickable’. And it takes the user to that projects page.

How can I achieve this?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/level-edge-construction?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=level-edge-construction&preview=8492b1f3157540ee48ec9097df435ac2&pageId=5e8cdff79cd40f11ae61b793&mode=preview

Since both your text and image are included within a Lightbox element, clicking on either of them will trigger the lightbox modal.

If you’re only showing one image on this page, I’d suggest removing the Lightbox element all together and replacing it with a Link Block element instead. Once you have the image and text contained within that Link Block, you can set it to open the corresponding CMS Collection template:

How can I have the lightbox feature so when they click on an ‘image’ it does the usual pop up. But if they click the title/text it will go to that CMS page of the photo (meaning it will show the project)

Just pull out the H3 text from the Lightbox element and put it inside a Link Block element tied to the current collection:

So just move it out?
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/level-edge-construction?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=level-edge-construction&preview=8492b1f3157540ee48ec9097df435ac2&pageId=5e8cdff79cd40f11ae61b793&mode=preview

Yep! In the left-hand navigator panel, move the H3 outside of the Lightbox Link (so it sits on the same level in the collection item), add a separate Link Block element, and nest the H3 inside—just like my included screenshot.

By default the link isn’t set, so head into your right-hand setting panel and set the Link Block to “Current Client Project”:

Okay that seems to be working now but now the ‘lightbot’ feature if you click the thumbnail won’t make the image appear larger. Or is that not possible anymore?
|

• |

Alex Rodriguez

C: 651-226-8072 | E: arodceo@gmail.com |
Twitter | Linkedin

I’m not sure what you mean, the section under the “Schedule Your Free Estimate” CTA works as expected when clicking the images:

Correct. But I want that to happen when they click the image. However when they click the text I want it to go to the 'page of that project with the additional images and text.
|

• |

Alex Rodriguez

C: 651-226-8072 | E: arodceo@gmail.com |
Twitter | Linkedin

That’s because you haven’t setup the Link Block to go anywhere yet, right now it’s just a hash (#):

Click the purple page icon, then choose “Current Client Project” in the dropdown:

1 Like

Thank you! Finally got it to work. Much appreciated for your help.

1 Like