Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How can I reopen a forum post to post a solution to an old thread?

Hi there,

I was searching for some solution to fix an issue I’m having with setting the default active tab on a tab item. I found six different threads about the issue but no solution.

https://forum.webflow.com/search?q=set%20default%20tab

So I went and made my own solution that works perfectly.

I thought it’d be handy to post a link or the piece of code on each of those old topics to help future users but I can’t because they’re closed. What’s the best way to fix this? Or is it simply to create a new post with the solution?

It seems like users should at least be able to reference the new solution / post from the old topics to make solutions easier to find.

Hey @Diarmuid_Sexton

Good question. I believe that the proper thing to do is start a new thread and provide links to the old topics. If someone happens upon one of the older topics there will be a list of links where the topic is mentioned. (see screenshot below) The forum automatically creates these backlinks when a post is mentioned somewhere else on the forum.

Name your post something like [SOLUTION] Setting Default Active Tab in the Tips&Tricks category. Hope this helps answer your question. Let me know if there’s anything else.

Great - thanks for that @matthewpmunger