How can I use the Webflow API to generate coupon/discount codes?

Hey everyone. As the title suggests, I need to somehow utilize the Webflow API to generate custom coupon codes for my customers. I’ve built a system using Airtable/zapier/and webflow to create a random code on form submission of a new user. Now I need to take this code and use the API to add the procedurally-generated code as a discount coupon on the site.

I’ve taken a look at the developers console and have yet to find an integration to accomplish this effect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I could certainly share my process of creating unique codes.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately it doesn’t look like the API is setup to recognize the Discount Code collection yet. I’m sure eventually it will be added, but right now it looks like you can only interact with the Category, Product, and SKU collections via the API.

Automation might not work on this one… but you have me thinking and I’ll see if I can come up with anything else.

2 Likes

Thank you! Definitely a useful solution for a customer user experience!

Hello again Webflow Community. Wondering if there hs been any update on this?

Yeah, additionally it would also be great to be able to have Conditional Visibility connected to the Discount Code collection. That way when we turn on 20% OFF STOREWIDE etc we can have banners and discount codes appear on the website with just the one button! Would be super helpful :slight_smile:

Great idea Kaleb. That would be awesome!

I would recommend voting for this Wishlist Item. However, Conditional visibility for discount codes might be a separate feature that needs to be added.

Hi guys, any update about this feature? I haven’t found anything on the API documentation but maybe there is another way to do it. Thanks!

What can be done is you can bulk create say 100/1000 coupons, store them in a Google Sheet, and then retrieve them and send them as needed; problem is then it is hard to automate the ‘expiry date’ to be in line with when they are sent.

Temporary solution, but Webflow Team this would be extremely helpful if you could kindly allow us some improved API access

+1, this is a must have for all ecommerce websites…

2 Likes

+1 more, it’s the most important API for my business…