Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How do I protect my e-mail address?

On the website I have created with Webflow, I state my e-mail address so that people can contact me. In one place I simply just state the e-mail address (as it is inside a text block) and in another place I use a link block and "hide" the actual e-mail address behind the text "send e-mail". I am unsure if this last method actually "hides" the e-mail address from these robots that scans web pages for e-mail addresses or do they also check the code behind the web page?

I am little worried that my e-mail will be sougth out by some of the robots that scan web pages for e-mail addresses and used for spamming. I have already started receiving some and I have not given away my e-mail address to anybody else yet. Any tips on how to protect my e-mail address when making my website with Webflow? I do not mind adding som HTML code to the files that are exported from Webflow.

Hi @BlipBlopDK, here's an example of how you could obfuscate your email address using jQuery. Anywhere in your page where you have the whole "user@server.com" email string is at risk of robots scanning the site, so you must build the link from separate parts after the page loads.

http://jsfiddle.net/UL2Rm/

Hope that helps!
-Dan

I have a js function as well... though yours is prettier. Now it's mine - thx wink

I usually put email addresses as images.

How could you do this for email addresses that are held in a collection? I.e. you've got a Collection with team members where each has an email address field. How would you best include this in a dynamic list, while adding something like the above mentioned protection? Many thanks!