How do I set videos to autoplay?

I have three videos on this page that I want to autoplay. I tried using the background video element but it did not seem to work so now I’m using html embed code from vimeo.

If autoplaying isn’t possible, can I set them to play on hover like the sample video you have on this article? Video | Webflow University

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/showpass?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=showpass&preview=7e9274375003cfbb60a2b56c53aae1fb&pageId=5d38d2d560cb4c8491e0e5dc&mode=preview

A quick tip to set YT videos to start playing automatically is to add the following url parameter to the end of the link

Paste this to the end of the url
?autoplay=1

2 Likes

19%20PM

1 Like

Is there an equivalent solution for Vimeo? I don’t want to use Youtube because their videos don’t loop and it shows the youtube player.

Here’s the options for looping or autoplay for Vimeo

1 Like

I tried that. It does loop but it doesn’t autoplay :frowning: I’m wondering if it’s a browser thing, maybe chrome doesn’t let you autoplay videos?

I tried on my end and it work perfectly on chrome

This is the link I tried

And this is how it looks
https://elis-superb-project-c37520.webflow.io/

1 Like

Just noticed I wasn’t setting autopause to 0. It’s working perfectly now. Thanks so much!

1 Like

It doesn’t work anymore.

In Webflow You can now place a YouTube element instead of a video element, this will give you the Auto-play setting in the settings of the YouTube video

Yeah, I know but I need to use the lightbox and when I add ?autoplay=1 in the end of the link it says ‘invalid embed type’

Now you should add at the end: &autoplay=1 instead: ?autoplay
I use: &autoplay=1?rel=0&showinfo=0

I tried many time, but unfortunately its not working,

Same autoplay doesn’t work in video but in background video it does but I am facing a problem that If I want to play the background video as normal video i am not able to play and neither I get play and pause control in that
can someone help me with that

I realize this is a little late but for future readers I was having the same issue and it looks like it’s due to the fact that “Autoplay is limited by certain browsers, and usually requires Mute to be enabled as well.” This is based on the message in the settings panel for YouTube videos. So it makes sense why background videos autoplay since they are muted.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.21.44 PM

1 Like

Yes this works. If the video doesn’t have have audio you can also add &mute=1 at the end of the URL to prevent browsers from blocking autoplay. They usually do it to stop videos with sound autoplaying.