Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How do I Use Collection List to emit clean HTML?

Many areas of functionality in Webflow have to be added via external jQuery libraries, etc, however it seems difficult to generate the clean HTML & JS needed for these elements.

As an example, I have a custom jQuery slider for product-selection, in which I need to emit a collection of <div>'s from the CMS. e.g.;

<div> MY CMS CONTENT DIV 1 </div>
<div> MY CMS CONTENT DIV 2 </div>

Using Webflow’s Collection List component, with an HTML Embed Component, this seems very straightforward, however, I get a lot of extraneous DIVs that break the jQuery component…

<div class="w-dyn-list"><div class="w-dyn-items">
<div class="w-dyn-item"><div class="w-embed">
<div> MY CMS CONTENT DIV 1 </div>
</div></div>
<div class="w-dyn-item"><div class="w-embed">
<div> MY CMS CONTENT DIV 2 </div>
</div></div>
</div></div>

How can I generate basic CMS content into the website using only the HTML structure I define in the HTML Embeds?

Or, if there is no way to generate “clean” HTML, how do I discard all of those Webflow-generated DIVs before the jQuery component executes?

Thanks heaps!

Incidentally I’ve discovered the jQuery unwrap() method and hacked up a bit of cleanup code, which executes before the slider jQuery instantiates. This seems to effectively eliminate the 4 DIV wrappers that the Collection List generates. Is there a cleaner way?

In my example, my outer DIV representing the slider has an ID of owl-demo, and my innermost slides are DIVs with a class of item, so I am attempting to find and unwrap the Webflow Collection List-generated DIVs layer-by-layer.

$("#owl-demo .w-embed div.item").unwrap();
$("#owl-demo .w-dyn-item div.item").unwrap();
$("#owl-demo .w-dyn-items div.item").unwrap();
$("#owl-demo .w-dyn-list div.item").unwrap();

Thanks again.