How much to charge?

My pitch as a graphic designer is to offer a website and corporate identity in tandem. For this, I would charge 6-9k (3-4 weeks work). What I am really after is to build a relationship where I can manage the site over many years as well as offer design services as and when required. So be generous upfront, to win that relationship - set a fixed fee upfront, if it takes longer so be it.

There seems to be plenty of designers who offer to make a site in WordPress for less than 1k - i’ve no idea how this can be profitable unless you go for volume.

With Webflow - the key attribute is the custom cms, and that there are no third party plugins to constantly worry about, so I always build my pitch around that. I also create custom ‘how to use webflow cms’ guides as pdfs for them, Funny though, however simple it may be, and however much control users claim they want, they always seem to need help and come back to me.

So I think, you have to be wise, be a little generous in the beginning to build the trust and the relationship. Over the years this can lead to greater income - as well as more meaningful design!

3 Likes