How to add BING (Meta-Tag) for verification on BING

Is there a way to add a BING Meta-Tag for site verification. As well as on other Search Engines like Yahoo…etc.

Thank you
david

What sort of code do they want you to add? Could you show an example or a link to their documentation about this? Google’s site verification code is just pasted inside the head.

Verify ownership for: www.davidmediasolutions.com

Option 1: Place an XML file on your web server

1. Download BingSiteAuth.xml
  2. Upload the file to https://www.davidmediasolutions.com/BingSiteAuth.xml
  3. Confirm successful upload by visiting https://www.davidmediasolutions.com/BingSiteAuth.xml in your browser
  4. Click the verify button below

Option 2: Copy and paste a tag in your default webpage

You can add a tag containing the authentication code to the section of your default webpage.

An example:

<html> <head> <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="****" /> <title>Your SEO optimized title</title> </head> <body> page contents </body> </html>

Option 3: Add CNAME record to DNS

Add CNAME (alias) record with name ***** and value verify.bing.com.

So your DNS provider will resolve host ****.davidmediasolutions.com to verify.bing.com.

How to add a CNAME record to:

Hi Sarah…currently my Google verification is posted under Project Settings/SEO. Still new to WebFlow, not sure how or where to Add Bing’s Meta Tag.

Okay, cool, thanks. That helps :slight_smile: . I edited the info so it doesn’t show your specific information.
You’d use option two. Add everything from <meta> to /> to the head code. Under project settings, custom code. So this would be <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="your unique number I deleted" />. That’s all you need :slight_smile:.
You can add any tracking/verification code here.
This is what mine looks like as an example.

Oh and, yes, the google verification does have a separate section under SEO. This is a newer feature so mine is still in the ‘head’ :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Great…Thanks Sarah you made so easy.

Have a great day.
david

Glad to hear that, David! Happy to help :slight_smile:.