How to add canonical tag in webflow?

Maybe I am using the forum search function like a rookie but I cannot for the life of me find a topic on how to add a canonical tag in webflow. Anyone in the community got any help for this?

Hey there @GMP,

From my understanding this is how you are supposed to integrate it.

@itbrian40 is THE expert on SEO maybe he can confirm. :smiley:

Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I actually resolved this already. You are right about the process. The custom code page option is the only way I could figure. As for my blog I simply added the slug field to the code. Thanks again @zbrah :+1:

1 Like

We also have this article here that walks over how to set this tag up: https://webflow.com/blog/seo-and-webflow-the-essential-guide

2 Likes

Doh! I totally didn’t search the blog for help. :confounded:

Thanks for pointing that out.

Maybe usefull for the people that want a canonical tag in their cms : Conditional canonical link in head custom code - #7 by bart

Because i cant find if its a problem when a canonicaltag is empty ?

But with the technique in the forum link i posted i only have a canonical tag when the cms field is popolated.

Goodluck :slight_smile:

I added a wishlist item related to this: SEO MUST HAVE - Canonical link field in page SEO | Webflow Wishlist

Hi! in the case of a multilingual page, is it necessary to use canoncal linking for every translated page? If not, what is the solution to avoid being penalysed for duplicate pages?
Thanks!

this duplicate canonicals and there are 2 canonicals because you have original and this new, doesn’t work for me.