How to add file upload input to a Webflow form with Basin Endpoint

Hi all,

I’m using a Webflow form with a basin endpoint to capture form submissions on my website. According to the Basin documentation, I should be able to accept file uploads but every time I’ve tested it, the file upload doesn’t work (but the other form inputs do work).

Has anyone had success with file uploads outside of the Webflow File Upload button? I really don’t want to have to get a Business Plan to solve this problem. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hey Mary,

I just ran into the same issue; my file uploading isn’t working. I searched the web & forum for tips with Basin and ended up reaching out to their team for help.

Have you found a solution to this?

Cheers!

See this example here:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll take a look at this.

I am experiencing the same issue. Was this solution successful?

1 Like

Hi Nina,

Yes, Diarmuid’s solution works great. Use his cloneable form showcase and just copy/paste his file upload HTML and his script into your site.

Thanks for your reply! I actually found another workaround.

If you’re looking for a free solution, you can add an Uploadcare file upload to the site and follow these instructions: File Uploads - Basin Docs

I used this method to avoid having the client pay for the business hosting plan.

With this method, you can remove the HTML that Uploadcare suggests that you add to the site and use the one that Basin outlines in the third example on the page, but make sure to add the [ role=“uploadcare-uploader” ] attribute.

Hi Diarmuid,

I’ve cloned your showcase (Thanks for sharing) and changed the basin endpoint for the form. I get all of the data through as a submission to the basin account but none of the files appear from the file submissions. I’ve never done any AJAX so I’m a bit stuck as to figure this one out. If you’ve got any ideas it would be appreciated.

Cheers

You must include a parameter enctype=“multipart/form-data” in your form element, otherwise it will not submit the file as a file but only the filename.