How to add option for blog comments? Not Disqus

Hi,

Is there a way to add comments and reactions (i.e. Like) under a blog post?

I used Disqus, but it slowed the website down and it’s general usability isn’t too great. An alternative recommendation would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam

3 Likes

Hey Adam :wave: I had the same question and came up empty. I ended up using Make.com to add comments directly to the blog post in Webflow. I documented the steps here.

Hopefully this is helpful to who ever reads this post in the future.

UPDATE:
We decided to build commenting for Webflow sites :tada: Here’s an example with links for more information.

If you prefer a more custom solution, you could build a backend for your comments system using a serverless function (e.g., AWS Lambda, Netlify Functions) or a backend service. This would require more technical knowledge and is usually not necessary unless you have specific requirements.

Remember to comply with any legal requirements, such as privacy policies and terms of service, when adding a commenting system to your blog. Additionally, consider the moderation aspect to manage and review comments effectively.

1 Like

Hello :wave:. I know I’m a bit late to the party. But in case anyone is still looking, our commenting app might suit be a great alternative to Disqus on your project:

Unlike Disqus, comment sections can be custom-designed in the Webflow Designer. Through our integration with Webflow Memberships + Memberstack, member data like name & profile image can be dynamically displayed on comments. Guests can also comment without logging in :smiley:. And this is just the beginning of the Webflow related benefits vs Disqus - see here for more examples.

Just let us know if you have any questions at hello@supersparks.io.