How to create a CMS site as part of a bigger site outside of webflow?

Hi, so I often use Webflow to create minisites and infographics for a news agency. What I usually do is create a static page and export the code, then upload the minisite under the main domain which isn’t part of Webflow.

Now, I have a project that is kind of a database with a collection of 200+ items, which would be a huge pain to have to create a static page for. I know I can export CSV, but I do not exactly know what to do with it. I have also seen other posts which suggests to use wget, but I’ve also heard that using wget for this isn’t best practice. Is there a way to maybe rerouting the host?

Will some of you suggest some of the best options to how I can proceed?

Thanks!

Hello @Egon_Sung, it sounds as if you want to make a static site dynamic outside of Webflow. I would like to suggest that you take a look at the Udesly Adapter because it sounds like from your post, that all the content you have been exporting is still on Webflow and in collections. In that case, the Udesly Adapter can be used to convert your Webflow site into a WordPress site. The only thing you would have to do is apply the correct attributes, export your Webflow site and upload it to the Adapter. Then, boom, your site can be handled by WordPress.

The second option with the adapter would be a Jamstack conversion and then you could upload it to Netlify similar service and manage it that way.

Udesly | Use Webflow with WordPress and Shopify | Webflow Resources

Here is the link so you can see what might be the best fit. I gave these options based on what I interpreted the situation to be, if I have things mixed up, please let me know so I can provide a better solution.

1 Like