How to create custom landingpage?

Hello! Not sure the title acuratly describes my problem, but anyway.

I want a function on my website where the user can choose between 7 categories before entering. Depending on which they chose, i want the landing page to display different content.
The structure is the same, i just want the images, text and links to be different.

Now i know this probably can be done with CMS collections and some sort of filter and categorising, but… I need to export my site and host it externally. I suppose this means that cms collections is impossible?

I know one solution would be just creating 7 different sections and displaying each when you click the linked button, but this seems tedious.
This also creates this problem: When the user is on another subpage, and clicks home. How does the website know which of the 7 sections to display. I assume this could be done with cookies of some sort, but i have no idea where to start.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
I dont have a read-only link, beacause i want to decide how to do it before i start setting up the site.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Here is an idea; home page lists seven options, when option is clicked open a child page. The child page could be built using symbols so duplicating a page and editing a symbol would be all that is needed.

I am confused about

this also creates this problem: When the user is on another subpage, and clicks home. How does the website know which of the 7 sections to display.

I thought there was seven options on the home / start page. If what you want is to highlight the one they just visited some simple JS would do the trick. Set/overwrite a local storage variable on the child page when visited, and on the home page read the variable and add a class to an element that visually highlights it.