Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to delete broken links from deleted pages?

I have broken links on my site that I’d like to remove. They are all from pages I have deleted or renamed. How do I do this?

I had a similar issue regarding this before and setup 301 redirects for new pages that used the same name as deleted pages. But I think there has to be a better way to remove these dead links and these old deleted pages entirely.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/c-merak?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=c-merak&preview=695977c572615b1dbfefdcb2d5233748&mode=preview

I’m struggling to understand what you are asking. If a page with a link is deleted then there is no link to remove or change.

Where are the links? A page you control, or dead links to your site from pages you don’t control, or maybe SERP result pages? Normally if you kill a page you establish a 301 redirect to permanently forward traffic to a page you are keeping. If you need to address links in Google’s index use the search console.

1 Like

Apologies for not explaining myself as well.

I published the site to the webflow.io and ran it through some diagnostic tools that picked up broken links (these links are all pages that have been deleted and one cannot get to them from navigating the website’s on-page internal links.)

I’m just curious if there is something I need to do here before I publish the website to the actual domain.

I hope that better explains my concerns.

Just go to project settings -> SEO and set Disable Webflow Subdomain Indexing to YES. This only affects the project.webflow.io subdomain. That way search engines will remove any pages that may already be indexed. When you set up your custom domain, you can also set your Global Canonical Tag on the same page.

1 Like

Perfect, I had Disable Webflow Subdomain Indexing set to Yes… So I’m assuming I shouldn’t need to worry about this and it should be fine to launch.
Thank you for listening. :slight_smile: