Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to edit a Webflow Template

Hello, I am having major issues trying to edit my site to make it responsive within a Webflow template I am using. I had my front end developer mentor try to go into the Webflow editor and direct edit the code to help me, but he couldn’t figure it out since the pages were not responding to his direct code edits! I am super confused.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/hazel-unger-portfolio?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=hazel-unger-portfolio&preview=3fa7f56316db8578f3709104715621a4&mode=preview
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

your template is responsive and editable. If you want to apply custom code that you can’t do inside of your designer you have to place it in embed HTML element or on page it self (in page settings) You can check webflow university video about options of placing custom code.

Hey @Hazel_Unger :smiley: What issues are you having specifically?

You shouldn’t need to edit any code to make simple design and content changes to the template. That’s the beauty of Webflow!

since the pages were not responding to his direct code edits! I am super confused.

What code edits was your mentor trying to make?

Thank you so much for your comments! I will try back on your above-suggested items and will see if that works for me.

1 Like