There a limitation here that prevents you to directly style elements of a RT when this RT is bound to the CMS. I hope this limitation will be removed soon, but in the meantime the workaround is pretty easy to handle. Proceed as follow:
- let’s say you have a CMS RT with the class .myrt. Duplicate it.
- unbind the duplicate from the CMS. You’re left with a RT of the same class .myrt, but with placeholder content instead of your CMS content. Edit the content tocreate the sub elements you need to style (there will already be a H1, H2, P, but you may want to create a quote, a list, an image with caption…
- unselect the RT, then directly select the element you need to style (the H1 in your case)
- click on the selector field and select the pink think “All H1 Headings”
- under the selector field, click on Nest selector inside of myrt
Now you can style the H1. When it’s in this state:
it will only affect H1 in RT’s under the .myrt class
Styling the H1 in the default RT will also style it in your .myrt CMS RT.