Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to edit vertical space between text and underline border?

changing padding seems to work for adding more space between them, but unfortunately a negative value does nothing. that's way too much space there. how to i make it less? i'm 99% sure i was able to do this fine with a simple adjustment when i wrote some CSS code ages ago. but, how to do it in webflow? should be easy, i think.

Could you modify the line-height property to achieve what you want? It's in the Typography panel next to font-size.

Edit: After re-reading your post I see you meant the gap between the text and the underline... Not sure you can do that, after a quick google search.

A workaround could be to wrap the text you want underlined with a span, then apply a bottom border and adjust the bottom padding of the span.

...see you meant the gap between the text and the underline... Not sure you can do that, after a quick google search.

actually, i think you're right. i went back to check a squarespace site i thought i had negatively adjusted the underline value, but it wasn't negative. quick test showed negative value's don't work unfortunately. i think it's just this japanese font that has such a huge built-in gap defined for where the border is supposed to go.

i'm not quite how to apply then style a link span. i would guess i maybe add it to "custom a attributes" but then, no idea how i might select that within the webflow UI as a style. so, might just look for an alternate design method. thanks!

You add a span class by selecting the text, then a menu would appear; you click on the paintbrush icon and then add a class.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.