How to Enable a Product Download when Selling Digital Products

Since last year, Webflow announced that selling Digital Products would be now available by unchecking the “Shipping” switch on the product. However, this only works to hide items from checkout. How do we actually sell a digital product using Webflow?

Hi @paco,

this function is currently being planned as you can see here:
https://wishlist.webflow.com/ideas/WEBFLOW-I-1612

Cheers :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s what I said before. Webflow announced digital products can now be sold by unchecking the switch field on the product, but there’s no way to include a link on the confirmation email, enable downloads, etc. That’s what I’m looking for. A solution on how to do it.

@paco, well then I guess its not implemented yet. This is a function I am waiting for too.

I kind of found a workaround, but it’s a bit risky. Every digital product has either a link or a file in it, on the Order Confirmation page, I added a very visible section on which users can download their digital products there. The issue is that if they leave that page, the link would be lost. It’s the first element to appear on the Confirmation page and it’s different from the rest. Hope it works.

Hi all.
Josh from Foxy here. If you’re still looking for a way to sell digital products in Webflow, Foxy can help. More info about our digital product functionality can be found here: Digital Products | Foxy.io and info about our seamless Webflow integration can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io

We offer an unlimited free trial and free one-on-one onboarding. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need help getting started.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

I respect that every forum link related to eCommerce I always see you there. Persistent, ruthless, I choose you lol

@TheGrimSilence lol. We try to only reply to threads where we know for sure Webflow Ecommerce can’t handle the situation or if Foxy is explicitly mentioned. Please let us know how we can help you.

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like