RESOLVED: The current state of anchor links not showing for sections with numeric ID's

I want to create a timeline where the links are highligted when scrolled down to the section. So I’m trying to find the current indicator for the section but I just can’t find it. I have added and ID for the section and linked to it. So I thought I should just select the link and then scroll down to the section but nothing happens.

See gif:
CloudApp

Any knows how to find it?

http://treat.webflow.io/content/worldwar1

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @Galimotion

You need to set the “current” value of link.

Tell me if that helps?

Hi Anna

Thanks for your reply:)

Well my problem is I can’t find the “current” value of the link. I don’t know how to display it in the selector.

And I think is weird that you can’t fint it under “States”

1 Like

@Galimotion

Mathias, it seems you have something on the page that is causing the “current” state not to appear in the selector.
I deleted all items on the page and added new ones, and the “current” state started showing for links again.

Could you do the same and tell me please if it works.

I will inform the team about the issue and mention your suggestion.

Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

Hi Anna

Thank you very much for the reply! Unfortunately it didn’t work:(

I delete al the item and create new ones but still the same. Could I be adding links and section in a wrong way?

Hi Anna

I solve it! When the ID for the section was a number “1914” it would not display the current. But when I change it to word it worked.

I guess it’s a bug.

2 Likes

Oh, I did think it might be the number at first, but disregarded it after I tried a text anchor. Weird.

I’ll ask the team to check it.

Glad to see the problem was solved.
Best of luck with your website.

Here is the Bug report:
http://bug-report.webflow.io/bug/current-state-of-anchor-links-not-showing

1 Like

@Anna_Kelian thank you so much for investigating this issue! :bow:
We are looking into this and will send an update as soon as we have more information.

For now the workaround would be to use ID’s which contain letters.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Galimotion

We just pushed a fix for this issue.

Thank you so much for your patience.