How to have paginated comics linkable from an archive?

Hello! I’m trying to shift a comic I used to do to webflow as a way to learn the system, but I’m running into some issues.

There’s a common pattern where the homepage has paginated comics, but users can click on an archive link to find a specific page.

What I have done:

• I placed a CMS list on the homepage that only shows the most recent comic and added pagination so users can go back and forth between them.
  • I then created an archive page with another CMS list that lists links to the comic CMS template page. When one of these links is clicked, it opens the cms template filtered to that comic, with the page styled to resemble the homepage. This is also how the “First” and “Last” buttons work.

The issues I’m having:
Linking to the cms template and filtering it to a particular comic causes the forward and backward buttons to vanish since it only offers up that particular comic. How can I fix it so that I can link to a specific comic but still allow the user to go forward and backwards?

Here’s the link to the project: https://real-life-fiction.webflow.io/ Currently only the homepage, the cms comic template, and the archive have built out functionality.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)