Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to hide a Webflow page from Google?

We have a "thank you" page where people can download our products. (www.site.com/thank-you)
Is it possible to hide this page from Google? I noticed that some people went directly to the thank you page using Google.

Thanks!

You can add the folders you want to hide from Search Engines in the robots.txt. You'll find it in the dashboard under SEO.

Code
User-agent: *
Disallow: /thank-you

Great! What's the code if I want to hide more than 1 page? For example /thank-you and /checkout. Thanks :slightly_smiling:

Hey, @khalada, I recommend taking a different route than modifying robots.txt. Simply pop this code into the <head> of each page you'd like to affect, and search engines won't index/follow them:

Here's the code: <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

From the Designer, go to the settings of the page(s) you'd like to prevent Google from seeing, and paste the code into the tag (scroll down quite a bit on the page settings to see this).

You can use a special HTML tag to tell robots not to index the content of a page, and/or not scan it for links to follow.
Source info on Robots <META> tag: http://www.robotstxt.org/meta.html

Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling:

To confirm you should verify your site on Google Webmaster Tools and make sure Google isn't indexing it.

@McGuire @thesergie

NOFOLLOW

doesn't exclude the page from the sitemap.xml page generated by webflow that we submit to Google (it includes all pages in the sitemap). Is there a way to manage that? Or should I even be concerned about it? When I have hosted off-site I have manually edited the site.xml. Not sure what to do for a webflow hosted site.

Thanks in advance!

Even if the content is in the sitemap.xml file, when Google comes across the content, it sees and respects the noindex/nofollow information.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.