Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to keep main nav button selected when drilling down to child pages?

For the site I'm designing, I have a horizontal main nav bar. I want the button on the nav bar that is clicked to stay clicked no matter what sub-page I am on in that section. For example, if the user clicks on a main nav item (like "About Us"), they go to the parent page (in this example, an overview of About Us). On that page, a left nav appears with a list of child pages (like Company History and Job Opportunities). If I click and go to a child page (like "Company History"), the "About Us" button in the main nav bar does not stay selected. Is there a way to accomplish that? Thanks!

Hi @Linda, there is not an automatic way to do this in Webflow with the built in links, the Nav link you selected in the child menu (on the left on the child page) receives the focus. It is possible however, with a little jquery script, to change which element on your page gets focus after a click event.

So it can be done, but you will need to use a little jQuery to do it. I hope this helps, let me know, Cheers, Dave

Thanks Cyberdave - that is good to know. I am a coding novice. Would you by chance be able to point me in the direction of the jquery code that would work in this situation? Many thanks!

Hi @Linda, sure I am happy to take a look at the next chance. Could you please share the read-only link to your site?

More information about read-only links:

http://help.webflow.com/general/guidelines#how-do-i-share-my-sites-read-only-link