How to make links in lightbox widget clickable or give me some amazing stuff to reference for creating custom lightbox, please :)

Please, please, please, tell me that there is now a way for one to center align a link and make it clickable in the lightbox widget, now :smiley:

Of all the awesomeness and ninja magic :star2: that is webflow, that has been one of the few thorns, which I, to some degree, find it comical that itā€™s the lightbox widget :joy:

If you tell me the only way I can get the 2 links to work is to custom build a lightbox, pretty please give me:

• video tutorials

• a template I can poke around in

• some amazing examples to be inspired byā€¦if I have to create a whole lightbox because I canā€™t, nor anyone else, click just a couple of links (looks vey unprofessional and like I donā€™t know what the heck Iā€™m doing), it may as well be amazing :blush:

Best and thank you in advance,

Nathan

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi @nathanphilsteele,

Can you expand a bit on what you are trying to create? Iā€™m slightly confused apologies :slight_smile: .

Whatever it is, it sounds like you will need a custom lightbox, and I can show you how to do that but I probably need a better understanding of what you are trying to create.

Let me know,

Arthur

Awesome!

• Can you help me make them interlinked as well, like the lightbox widget does?

I want people to be able to click the link in the below screenshot. Centered instead of left align would be awesome as well. Honestly, just seems like a lot of work because one little feature is missing.

I really appreciate the help @Arthur

Best,

Nathan

www.flowglobemedia.com
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/flowglobemedia?preview=68cfbfda25786cb12e08e263487bbcaa

That interlinking is a powerful feature, and Iā€™d hate to loose it.

• How hard would it be to setup the webflow lightbox widget description field to be able to take good olā€™ HTML and render it correctly, at least until there is higher priority to give designers access to customize the lightbox widget like all other aspects of webflow? ( that interlinking is a powerful feature to have to sacrifice in order to build a custom lightbox.)

i.e <a href="http://www.yourlinkhere.com/> your link here (left out the " behind the link so that code would show)

Best,

Nathan

Really, all that I need now to make my site ā€œcompleteā€ for now, it will always evolve, of course, is to get those links in the light box centered and clickable while still keeping it interlinked.

Any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Best,

Nathan

1 Like

Hello? You guys going to leave me hanging?

Hi @nathanphilsteele you may need to try instead building out a Slider element which opens when you click on an image. Then youā€™ll have full freedom to build out elements in the slider rather than try implement custom code for the lightbox.

Hi @Waldo,

Will I be able to interlink them if I go that route?

Best,

Nathan

I feel like the boogie man when I ask for help with this. Ha!

Best,

Nathan

Somebody please give me a solid answer with some links, or how-tos, code, etc.:rage:
(itā€™s been over a month and a halfā€¦time for some real resolution :star2:, please )

Nathan

I would be wiling to pay for help, at this point, to accomplish what I want

Best,

Nathan

$150 via Paypal to whomever helps me to get this working for me.

Best,

Nathan

@nathanphilsteele

You want the lightbox thumbnails to always be centered to the current item, is that right?

The bug has already been reported here, and I even provided a fix:

Hi @samliew,

wanting to center the link in the caption and have it be a live link that links out to the website that itā€™s a link forā€¦also, want to do this while keeping the images interlinked as they currently are

Best,

Nathan

@nathanphilsteele

Yes, the Webflow lightbox componentā€™s caption is not linkable by normal means as it is inserted by the setting panel. If youā€™d like I can write you a custom script. PM me with more details of all the features you need.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Thank you! @samliew

It looks great! Thank you @samliew! :trophy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.