Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to redesign existing website with webflow?

So my client’s website was couple of years ago on HTML/CSS. It definitely needs a redesign and I want to do that on Webflow. How can I design everything with Webflow but host it on the existing website domain? I don’t want it to be a sub-domain. Just the same URL address. Instead of the old HTML/CSS website, it’ll be the Webflow website.

I only have a week’s experience doing HTML/CSS which is why I’m planning on doing it on webflow.

Welcome to the community!

You have a couple of options. If you don’t plan to use the Webflow CMS (for dynamic content) then simply design the site in Webflow, export the code and FTP to your existing host. Or, if you prefer to have some dynamic content (or simply prefer the connivence of hosting directly with Webflow anyway) then design it in Webflow and purchase a hosting package. Then its just a matter of linking your Webflow hosting up to your domain name, which is dead easy :slight_smile:

My client would like to use the CMS to later maybe add/change some content. So the latter option seems to be better. But to link the Webflow to an existing domain name and automatically replacing it is easy?

Hi @Deependu_Ajish,

Yes very straight forward to do. Webflow makes technical thing very easy.

Webflow provides many learning resources within ‘Webflow University’ that is very helpful.

Here is a link to a Webflow University tutorial on setting a custom domain for your webflow created website:

Regards,
Keiran