I must make a search box open after clicking or tapping the search glass icon.
- I have built the page to the liking of my colleagues.
- We have a search bar. The search bar works.
- The search bar expands width on desktop as intended when user clicks inside the search box. This accomplished by setting tween time to 400ms time and adjusting WIDTH in ‘Pressed’ and ‘Focused’ states.
- Now we want to create in invisible search box that only expands IF the search icon is clicked.
- I built a dummy project below to showcase.
- In dummy example, by clicking on the search button, the width expands in the search box. As intended. There is an annoying message every time the search box is expanded.
How do we remove the annoying popup message? And force search button to allow toggle ONLY if search bar is expanded?
Other source for inspiration:
apple.com - search button.