Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to sort and filter "multi-reference" collection items?

There’s no option for me to sort and filter “multi-reference” collection items.

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hey @akshayhallur

That is not currently possible to sort or filter multi-reference lists within the list settings. For now arranging and selecting the referenced items in the CMS editor is the only native way to do this.

A work around could be to add another multi-reference field to the collection settings and in each multi-ref field setup the items and order that is desired.

Our team is aware of this and other limitations with the CMS and laying foundations to improve this. Other options are to check out community tools to add on top of Webflow for extended functionality. I’ll link to those below.

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers,
—Matthew

Can you please elaborate on this?

Glad to.

In the settings for the CMS Collection, add another multi-reference field to the Related Templates collection. Then in the new field, add the same or different items in a different order based on what you would have done with conditional visibility or sort.

As I said, it is a workaround and not ideal, but it would be a way for yourself or other collaborators to control the references manually.

Is that clearer? If not, please share a Read-Only link for the project if you can. Then I’ll be able to clearly show it.

Cheers,
—Matthew