How to utilise the callback to a contact form for a successful/failed submission

Hi All,

I’ve created a contact form in webflow and exported it to an external webhosting. All services need to be in house so I can’t use mail chimp on the like for form submissions, I also can’t use PHP which is an internal policy.

So I’m creating an ASP (which I’ve never done before) file to handle the form submission.

I have 2 questions:

1. At present, when the site is hosted on webflow, if you try to submit a form without completing a required field you are resented with a popup:

Is that part of webflows form action page or is that defined somewhere in the CSS or something that every site that has a contact form?

1. When a form submission is successful or fails it displays text to that effect, utilising the code:

<div class="w-form-done">
       <p>Thank you! Your submission has been received!</p>
     </div>
     <div class="w-form-fail">
       <p>Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form</p>
     </div>

My question is, how do I call back to this form to do a success or unsuccessful message?

Just in case it’s required, the code for my contact form is:

<form id="email-form" name="email-form" data-name="Email Form" method="post" action="formsubmission.aspx">
      <div class="w-row">
        <div class="w-col w-col-6">
          <label for="name" class="contactfields">Name:</label>
          <input id="name" type="text" name="name" data-name="Name" required="required" class="w-input">
          <label for="Company" class="contactfields">Company</label>
          <input id="Company" type="text" name="Company" data-name="Company" required="required" class="w-input">
          <label for="email" class="contactfields">Email:</label>
          <input id="email" type="email" name="email" data-name="Email" required="required" class="w-input">
          <label for="Phone" class="contactfields">Phone:</label>
          <input id="Phone" type="text" name="Phone" data-name="Phone" required="required" class="w-input">
        </div>
        <div class="w-col w-col-6 contactcol2">
          <label for="Message" class="contactfields">Message:</label>
          <textarea id="Message" name="Message" data-name="Message" required="required" class="w-input contactmessage"></textarea>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class="contactsubmit">
        <input type="submit" value="Submit" data-wait="Please wait..." class="w-button contactbutton">
      </div>
    </form>
    <div class="w-form-done">
      <p>Thank you! Your submission has been received!</p>
    </div>
    <div class="w-form-fail">
      <p>Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form</p>
    </div>
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.