Streaming live at 10am (PST)

HTML Embeds Look Odd in Editor Mode

I understand that we cannot edit HTML Embeds in Editor Mode, but is there a way to at least make them look normal?

Please check out the dynamic table embeds at https://cfswma.webflow.io/rates/analytical-requirements. They should look like this:

However, when I open in Editor mode I see this:

Any idea how to make them look normal with table formatting?

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cfswma?utm_source=cfswma&preview=8e299437f08cebf8b6ae461fe0349d3c

In editor mode you will see things closer to how you would in the designer. Only when you publish the changes will you then see what it’s suppose to look like with custom code most of the time. I mean it shows up correctly from a visitor standpoint. I’m assuming that you want the format to look more correct for the site editors while they are maybe changing or adding new data?

Since the embeds use dynamic data from a collection I figured that was why. It is not a big deal as the client needs to go to the collection to update those tables. It just would be nicer if they looked correct when looking at the site.

I totally agree! Maybe you can add more of the table elements together in one embed? Also, I know Webflow is working on better rendering custom code within the designer. So in time I’m sure we will see some great changes!

Thanks Noah. Is it possible to add the loop in a single embed for the table rows? That was issue as I needed the tables rows to loop so I used 3 embeds like this:

embed 1:

<div style="overflow-x:auto;">
<table>
  <thead>
    <tr>
      <th>Weight</th>
      <th>Type</th>
      <th>Cost</th>
    </tr>
  </thead>
  <tbody>

dynamic embed 2:

<tr>
  <td>{{ weight }}</td>
  <td>{{ type }}</td>
  <td>{{ cost }}</td>
</tr>

42%20AM

embed 3:

</tbody>
</table>
</div>

I see. so each of the <tr> is a dynamic list and could potentially grow right?

exactly. is there a way to do this in one embed? I only need one table.

I don’t think that is possible at the moment being that you cannot currently add a collection list inside of a custom embed itself but rather just pull dynamic data from a list in the embed that is within a collection list as you already have it.

1 Like

Thanks Noah. This would be a great feature to have.

1 Like